Why You Need A Mass Flow Meter For Your Application
There are advantages to be enjoyed with mass flow meters, but they also come with their fair share of disadvantages. Many meter manufacturers have produced such technologies as P.D, thermal mass flow, Coriolis mass flow, and turbine. The following are the advantages of working with a mass flow meter:
- A mass operating range is wider than any others, including other P.D meters.
- A max is able to measure low flow rates which make it quite like the thermal mass and a lot better than the other meters.
- It is accurate in reporting intermittent flows which the other meters like Coriolis, turbine and the rest are not able to.
Working with a company that will go the nine yards for you will save you a whole lot of heartache. This is what a good flow meter company will do for you:
Installation and Use – They will give you support in terms of consultation with regard to installing and using your flow meter. A good company will even provide it for free and for as long you have the flow meter
Lifespan – They will give you a product, in this case the flow meter, with a guarantee for long service. Most flow meter companies guarantee that their product lasts a long time. They will even quantify that time, say 15-20 years. They ensure that by the time you need to have your flow meter or system replaced, the exact model will have been updated and therefore available when you need it.
Long-term Service – They will be with you for as long as their product is on your premises and provide excellent customer services. Do not forget the free consultation!
What are some of the most common applications of mass flow meters?
Here are some flow meter uses:
- On a cart, a mass flow meter is used as a combustion turbine station to ascertain how accurate the meter measuring the flow of fuel going to the turbines is.
- Mass flow meters are built to withstand harsh environments and can therefore be fitted anywhere.
- They are used in the pharmaceutical industry to accurately measure DI water that is commonly used in pharmaceutical processes.
- They can be found in the food and beverage industry for use in the carbonation process in beverage
- They are used to measure carbon dioxide gas that is used and then re-captured in a bid to lessen GHGs being released into the air.
- They are also used in the measuring of flare gas in gas companies. Measuring the vent flare is important because it provides data that is very important for gas exploration companies.
- Mass flow meters are used for measuring cooling water in oil refineries, petrochemical and other related companies. Cooling water is used to cool equipment because it is neither toxic nor expensive.
- They measure natural gas to boilers and furnaces. Mass flow meters are used here to check gas usage.
Mass flow meters are certainly used in a lot of applications and in very many industries that have the potential to blow up, so safety in these places is a must as explosions and combustion are a real possibility.